Sunday, 22 July 2007

Farnham Bead & Gem Show

Got up nice and early today and went to the Bead & Gem show in Farnham, Surrey with Becky from Chameleon Designs. It wasn't the biggest bead show I have been to but we had a great time and spent lots of pennies on lots of gorgeous beadies!!!

My shopping list included:-

Top left - lovely sterling silver wire balls, discs and a silk necklace
Top right - gorgeous fire agate and banded agate
Bottom left - some amazing lampwork from Becky including some strawberries I commissioned, a set with a hallow focal.
Bottom right - stunning hand-blown furnace glass from world renowned artist David Christensen


After the show, Becky was also kind enough to show me how to make a lampwork bead. I was so scared in case I broke something or worse, burnt her studio down!!! It is so much harder than she makes it look! I was concentrating so hard because you are working with a flame and molten glass (is that the right phrase?!?!?) AND have to use 2 hands which are doing different things...after just 15 minutes my arms felt like I had been lifting weights for an hour!!!!

What do you think of my first ever bead...not bad but think I need more practice!!!!!





3 comments:

Crafted Gems said...

oooooooooooo fab, sounds like you had a lovely day and another one hit with the lampworking bug, lol

Kebo Jewellery said...

I had great fun with it...just wish I had an external area to have a lampworking studio!!!!

Liu said...

Welcome to my blog (http://lianginbead.spaces.live.com/) to see my new works of beads.
Liang-In Liu from Taiwan