Thursday, 31 December 2009
Well, this is the last post for this decade!! 2009 wasn't such a bad year for me, I didn't complete hardly any of last years resolutions but I think most people are the same!! I am not going to make any resolutions this year, I am going to take each day as it comes, not be hard on myself when something doesn't go to plan and just be happy...hmmm, that sounds to me like a resolution right there!! Oh well, old habits die hard!!!
We will soon be in 2010 and I would like to take this opportunity to wish my customers and blog readers a very HAPPY NEW YEAR, I hope that it brings you lots of love, laughter and happiness.
Monday, 2 November 2009
This is my pumpkin, it should of had 3 fangs at the top but I accidentally cut it off...oops!
It also has a star on one side and a moon on the other!
Don't forget, today is the last day of the Charity Auction it ends tonight (Monday November 2nd)at 8:30pm GMT.
Saturday, 24 October 2009
Happy weekend everyone!
I am part of The Collective, a group of jewellery designers and lampwork designers who want to do a little bit for charity. Our first ever charity auction starts today and runs for 10 days.
Every penny bid will go directly to the 2 chosen charities Headway and Royal Free Hospital Kidney Patients Association. Great charities I am sure you will agree!
Sterling Silver and Lampwork Glass from a UK Artisan
Sorbet Earrings (Auction Lot 7)
Sterling Silver and Lampwork Glass from a UK Artisan
Please do take a look at The Charity Auction page and bid, bid, bid. The auction will open on Saturday October 24th at 10:00am GMT and closes on Monday November 2nd at 8:30pm GMT. If you have a moment please do pass this on to anyone who may be looking to buy some amazing bespoke jewellery or beads, or anyone looking to buy you a present!!
Saturday, 10 October 2009
A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook and decided to do some baking...I am not a natural born cook or baker!! I made the banana and chocolate cupcakes and some Rocky Roads! The Rocky Roads recipe called for 1.4 kg of chocolate, 8 Mars Bars and almost 2 big bags of Malteasers!!!!! That is a lot of chocolate!! I reduced the amount of chocoloate down just a little bit and when they were ready to be cut, I cut them in to bite sized portions rather than bars!! They were delicious, really scrummy but packed with calories!! By cutting them in to bite sized portions, I was able to give some to my sister C, some to my hubby's work, some to my work, some for us and some for a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They went down a storm. I am not sure I would make them again due to the calorific contents but who knows ;o)
I forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes but here are a few bits of the Rocky Roads:
Can you see the pieces of Mars Bars, Malteasters and the marshmallows...yummy!!
Sorry no jewellery to show you, maybe next week!
Have a lovely weekend and week everyone!!
Sunday, 27 September 2009
Mother of the Bride necklace
2. It was my hubby's birthday this month and for his present, I took him to Dublin for 4 days. I spent nearly all of my summer holiday's in Dublin as my parents are both Irish so it holds great memories for me and S has always wanted to go over there (apart from with work). We had a lovely few days, bit lots...of course, the Guinness Storehouse, The Old Jameson Distillery, sightseeing etc. For S's actual birthday, I booked us a table at Fire in Dawson Street. OMG, it was amazing, an old church converted in to a restaurant with the most gorgeous food ever. I had fillet Mignon for my main and it melted in my mouth, best piece of steak I have ever had and I have eaten in some really good steak restaurants in London!
Mother of the Bride bracelet
3. One of my very good friends is having a baby in a week and a half and we gave her an intimate baby shower which was a complete surprise! It was very civilised, cream tea and crust-less sarnies!!!
Sister of the bride (me!!) earrings!!
Sister of the bride (me!!) bracelet!!
Saturday, 9 May 2009
Right, here we go, be prepared to learn a bit more about yours truly....
8 Things I am looking Forward too.....
- Going to Mexico in November...as long as the swing flu has cleared up, fingers crossed!
- Talking my hubby to Dublin for his birthday and showing him where I used to spend most of my summers.
- Being debt free...I've been in dept since I was 18 and I have finally got to grips with it!!
- Going to my silversmith class, have been going for 3 weeks and am loving it!
- Going on a picnic with my hubby on Sunday...we have never done it before!
- One day being a size 10/12...I have loads and loads to go but that is what I want to be!
- The last Harry Potter film
- A cuddle on the sofa with my hubby while we watch a film tonight!
8 Things I Did Yesterday...
- Went to work.
- Sold some fimo stuff I never used
- Saw one of my sisters
- Picked up hubby's shirts from the dry cleaners ans dropped some off...I hate ironing!
- Ate too much bread (bagel for breakie, baguette for lunch and toast for dinner)...I try not to normally eat any bread!!
- Updated my website.
- Tidied up...just a little bit!
- Watched 2 episodes of Bones.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do....
- Buy a lovely big house with a big garden.
- Travel more.
- Real magic...like in Harry Potter!!
- Fly (I don't mean in an aeroplane!)
- Fit in to a pair of size 10 or 12 jeans!
- Loose Weight
- Win the lottery
- Neat piecing with a saw!
8 Shows I Watch....
- The In Betweeners
- Dirty Sexy Money
- Desperate Housewives
- Gossip Girl
Those are my 8's. My turn to tag....YOU! Come on, you know you want to! Here's the rules, just in case you want to follow them:
1) Mention the name of the person who tagged you.
2) Do the lists of 8.
3) Tag 8 bloggers of your choice.
4) Let them know that they have been tagged!
So who do I tag ...
Thursday, 7 May 2009
Sterling Silver & Murano Glass Heart
Wow, it has been almost 3 months since I last blogged. I can't believe how quickly this year is going! Last time I blogged there was still some snow on the ground and now the weather is beautiful (mainly!) and I can't remember the last time I wore a coat!!!
Simple Sterling Silver & Karen Hill Tribe Silver earrings
Mooreland Necklace - SOLD
Karen Hill Tribe Silver, Sterling Silver & Lampwork by UK Artisan, Becky Fairclough
Sterling silver & boro lampwork from the US
Sunday, 8 February 2009
Freshwater Pearls and Sterling Silver
Monday, 2 February 2009
Out the front
Me after pretending to hubby that I was going to do a
Wild @ Heart
Lampwork by Becky Fairclough and Sterling Silver
Right, back to the jewellery, only 2 items to show you today and these were items I made at the end of last year but never put on my website!!! I am already falling very behind on my New Years Resolutions of making more and posting more!!!