Sunday, 27 September 2009

Sorry Mr Blog, I have neglected you!


The Bride (A.K.A. my sister, C)
Photo courtesy of Kay Ransom Photography


Wow, has it really been over 4 months since I posted anything on my blog, I think that is my all time record!!!! I guess I should start with what I have been up to...

Necklace of the Bride!!!
1. My lovely sister, C, got married this month and I have been helping her with the preparations; invites, place cards, table plan, order of service, table names and of course some wedding jewellery. She had a very simple but mega elegant and extremely classy dress and veil and wanted pearls and a bit of sparkle so of course, that meant Swarovski's. I also had to make my jewellery and my mum's. I decided to do a bit of a theme so my sister's necklace (pic 2) had pearls and Swarovski Crystals (clear tear drop and bicone), my mum's (pic 3) had pearls and black bicone Crystals and I had just Swarovski's (black and teal with bicones and a rather large teardrop)...see, they were all incorporating some of the same bits in them!!! The day went perfectly, which is all credit to my sister as she only planned it for 3 months! I think you will agree, she looked stunning (pic 1 in case you can't guess LOL)! Speaking of photographers, if anyone lives in Surrey and is looking for a brilliant wedding photographer, I would deffo recommend Kay Ransom, she took really natural pictures and never seemed like she was in any ones face when taking the photos and I am sure my sister and her new husband would agree!!


Mother of the Bride necklace

2. It was my hubby's birthday this month and for his present, I took him to Dublin for 4 days. I spent nearly all of my summer holiday's in Dublin as my parents are both Irish so it holds great memories for me and S has always wanted to go over there (apart from with work). We had a lovely few days, bit lots...of course, the Guinness Storehouse, The Old Jameson Distillery, sightseeing etc. For S's actual birthday, I booked us a table at Fire in Dawson Street. OMG, it was amazing, an old church converted in to a restaurant with the most gorgeous food ever. I had fillet Mignon for my main and it melted in my mouth, best piece of steak I have ever had and I have eaten in some really good steak restaurants in London!

Mother of the Bride bracelet

3. One of my very good friends is having a baby in a week and a half and we gave her an intimate baby shower which was a complete surprise! It was very civilised, cream tea and crust-less sarnies!!!

Mother of the Bride earrings

4. Wedding commissions...other that my own families!!!

Sister of the bride (me!!) earrings!!

I am sure there is loads and loads more that I have done in the last 4 months but I have a memory like a sieve and can only remember the stuff that has happened recently!! I even missed my blog-iversary! I will do a giveaway in a couple of weeks I think to celebrate!!

Sister of the bride (me!!) bracelet!!

4 comments:

Swiss Side Jewellery etc said...

Hi Kelly,
Gosh - you have been busy and that wedding jewellery is fabulous. Can understand that you haven't had time to post - anyway, welcome back!
Vicky

Kebo Jewellery said...

Thanks Vicky!! It is good to be back...now just need to keep it up!!

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Yes, welcome back. Looks like you've been busy creating some lovely jewellery.
Kristin :)

Kebo Jewellery said...

Thanks Kristin!!