Saturday, 10 October 2009

Feeling sorry for myself this week!!

Well, this week hasn't been the greatest. On Monday night, I went to a supermarket and the car park floor was made of rubber and wet from the rain and I half skidded/half did the splits for a metre and a half and pulled all the tendons in my groin, both hamstrings and twisted both of my knees!!! I was in agony but I am on the mend now and am able to walk about more! Luckily I have a job (my full time job in HR, not my creative job, Jewellery!!) that I can work from home so was able to still work! Most annoyingly, I was due to fly to Dublin on Tuesday afternoon for work but had to cancel! I am going to 'The Ball' of the hospitality calender next Wednesday and I am determined to be better so I can have a boogie!!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought myself The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook and decided to do some baking...I am not a natural born cook or baker!! I made the banana and chocolate cupcakes and some Rocky Roads! The Rocky Roads recipe called for 1.4 kg of chocolate, 8 Mars Bars and almost 2 big bags of Malteasers!!!!! That is a lot of chocolate!! I reduced the amount of chocoloate down just a little bit and when they were ready to be cut, I cut them in to bite sized portions rather than bars!! They were delicious, really scrummy but packed with calories!! By cutting them in to bite sized portions, I was able to give some to my sister C, some to my hubby's work, some to my work, some for us and some for a friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They went down a storm. I am not sure I would make them again due to the calorific contents but who knows ;o)


I forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes but here are a few bits of the Rocky Roads:

Can you see the pieces of Mars Bars, Malteasters and the marshmallows...yummy!!

Sorry no jewellery to show you, maybe next week!

Have a lovely weekend and week everyone!!

Kelly
x

5 comments:

Laura said...

AW - you poor thing! That sounded like a nasty fall. I do hope you feel better soon.

I got that recipe book for my birthday but I haven't had time to try anything from it. Your treats look delish!

Kebo Jewellery said...

Thanks Laura, am having a very relaxing weekend, more by default as do painful to move!!!!

I would recommend making yourself something from the book but a week when you don't mind about the number of calories you consume!!!!

BeadyPool said...

Oh they look just scrummy :))
Hope you are feeling a bit better soon, sounds like a painfull fall x

Kebo Jewellery said...

They really were scrummy ;o)

Thanks, still painful but am hoping that will go very soon!

Hookah Shisha Huka Accessories Charcoal said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills